Per the request of BWC we would like to share the following opportunity with Ross County Safety Council-
The Portsmouth BWC Division of Safety and Hygiene has partnered with the Lawrence County Safety Council to offer an Electrical Safety and Compliance Seminar in South Point Ohio at the Lawrence County Area Chamber of Commerce on January 23rd 2019. This event will be held from 9 am until 4:00 PM. Please see the objectives, speakers and the agenda below.
Employees who have electrical exposure and have employee(s) who will be responsible for reviewing and developing your electrical safety program should attend. If you are interested please obtain your companies BWC Policy # and contact Sheila Maund at 740-353-6125. We will have 50 seats available.
The objectives for this seminar is:
#1 Describe how the NFPA-70E standard helps to be in compliance to the OSHA requirements.
#2 List the significant changes to the 2018 NFPA-70E standard.
#3 Explain how NFPA-70E helps a company to develop an Electrical Safe Work Practice Program
#4 Understand Discuss Regulatory Standards for Electrical Safe Work Practice
#5 Summarize the NFPA 2112/13 and ANSI 107-2015 Requirements
Speakers to include-
- Robert D. Nicholson, National Fire Protection, Certified Electrical Safety Professional (CESCP) JDRM Engineering Inc
- Sophia Dixon, Bulwark Certified Trainer- Bulwark FR
- TBD, – Cincinnati OHSA
- Ranzy Brown, Safety and Health Consultant, OSHA On-Site
- Glenn McGinley Regional Loss Prevention Operations Manager/Director of PERRP- DSH/BWC
- Rob Powell, Loss Prevention Supervisor- DSH/BWC
Electrical Safety and Compliance Seminar- Agenda
8:30 AM-9:00 AM: Collaboration and Booth review
9:00 AM-10:30 AM: Session 1
- Area OSHA Office: OSHA Requirements for Electrical Safety- Discussion on Construction and General Industry- Summary and Enforcement
10:30 AM-10:45 AM: Break
10:45 AM-12:15 PM: Session 2
- Ohio BWC Division of Safety & Hygiene- OSHA On-Site and Ohio BWC PERRP Electrical Compliance Consultation Services for Private and Public Employers.
12:15PM-12:45 PM: Lunch and learn- BYBO Presentation and or booth visit-
12:45 PM-2:15 PM: Session 3
- JDRM Engineering, Inc and Bulwark Protective Apparel: NFPA 70E 2018 Changes and NFPA 2112/13 Requirements and ANSI 107-2015 Requirements
2:15 PM – 2:30 PM: Break
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Session 4
- JDRM Engineering, Inc and Bulwark Protective Apparel- Electrical Safety Program Development open discussion- how best to implement an Electrical Safety Program
3:30 – 4:00 PM– Session 5
- Ohio BWC Division of Safety & Hygiene- Loss Prevention Services, Better You Better Ohio Sign up and Safety Intervention Grants available.