Ross County Safety Council is lead by a group of dedicated volunteers who make up the Steering Committee. This steering committee is charged with laying out the yearly speakers, workshops, and extra training classes. In addition to their duties with Ross County Safety Council many of our steering committee members are dedicated safety professionals who are eager to assist you with any questions you may have about issues your workplace is facing. View the current steering committee below.
We thank you for your patience as we’ve determined how to proceed with the FY20 Safety Council Rebate Program in the midst of COVID-19.
As you know, we directed safety council sponsors to cancel March, April, and May safety council meetings in light of public health concerns. And today’s announcement will eliminate the need for sponsors to host a June meeting. As a result of these cancellations, we realize it is impossible for many of you to complete the program’s FY20 rebate eligibility requirements.
Therefore, we will provide the FY20 rebate to safety council members who, as of Feb. 29, 2020, had attended at least FOUR safety council meetings. This determination was based on crediting each member with one meeting credit for each cancelled meeting, the maximum of two external training credits and waiving the CEO attendance and calendar year 2019 semi-annual report requirements.
Although we realize a small number of safety councils host more than one meeting a month late in the program year, we are granting relief for only one safety council meeting credit per month in March, April, May, and June. This resolution reinforces the program’s goal of active participation for the purpose of education, networking and resource sharing and, unfortunately, members who condense participation to the latter part of the program year will not appreciate relief from this solution.
Ultimately, employers we determine have earned the rebate under the revised guidelines will receive the maximum percentage rebate allowed per their BWC group-rating status:
- 2% for employers enrolled in BWC’s Group-Retrospective-Rating Program and eligible for the participation rebate.
- 2% for employers enrolled in BWC’s Group-Experience-Rating Program and eligible for the performance bonus - there will be no claims data measurement calculation.
- 4% for employers not enrolled in a BWC Group-Rating Program.
Your safety council sponsor will submit July 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020 attendance records to us when normal business operations resume. The timeline for the processing of these rebates is yet to be determined but we will continue to update safety council sponsors when you should expect FY20 safety council program rebate checks.
Our most sincere interest is the health, wellness and safety of Ohio’s workforce. Be safe and take care.
BWC Safety Council Program Manager
- Mark Holsinger with TSHD Architects
- Ted Pierce with Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Devin Keplinger with Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation
- Marsha Bevins with Portsmouth Mission Alliance
- Theresa McAuliffe with Frontier Community Services
- Lewis Anders with YSK Corp.
- Tiffany Castor with Adena Health System
- Ann Perdue with Chillicothe Fire and Security
- Emily Schmidt with the Ross County Sheriff's Office
- Phillip King, Program Manager, Chillicothe Ross Chamber of Commerce